Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summers Heaven on Earth

All I have been craving lately is The Beach! Specifically Mission Beach. You have no idea. I sit at work and day dream about being in my bathing suit and sitting out on my beach towel in the sand. I would have a nice pepsi to drink, SPF 45 all over because I'm so white, and the sound of the waves crashing (and probably some crappy top 40 music station coming from someone laying out or marachi if I'm so lucky). I would have a beach umbrella for when it gets too hot and my beach chair. I would go out into the cold refreshing salt water with my body board and a huge smile would be plastered on my face. Then I would run/shuffle(possible sting rays) in and hop over the waves and paddle out. The water would feel so great and the waves would be so fun to ride! Then i would get out when i became too tired. And when you step out you feel so refreshed and energized and happy. Then I would layout and dry off. Then walk over to Roberto's for some Taquitos with an unhealthy amount of Guacamole. Of course there would be people watching and judging others choice of inappropriate bathing suit attire while I ate. Then I would go in the water again. Then take a walk on the beach in hopes of finding seashells that aren't completely broken. 

I could go on, but i'll stop. I sound obsessive. I love beach so much. Some people like the mountains, or cities or farms. But I love the beach and its accompanying atmosphere and culture. Needless to say I am Beach Sick.   

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I wasn't aware that there WAS an unhealthy amount of guacamole...Mmm...

Will it help if we go to Lagoon? We've been wanting to go.